I’m back, and going to show you a look (FOTD) I did yesterday for the Christmas party I attended with some of the Essence Cosmetics makeup items I got from the warehouse sale (refer to my previous post here).
Please pardon my complexion, as the sunlight was very unforgiving and played up any minor imperfections. Here are the products I used for the FOTD/LOTD (click on photo to enlarge):
1) Essence 03 all time favourite eyeshadow duo was used as highlighter on my brow bone (the lighter shade) and the brown was used on my eyelids.
2) Essence 05 ever glam eyeshadow duo (darker taupe brown shade) was used on my crease.
3) Essence Gel eyeliner in 03 Berlin Rocks is the striking purple eyeliner you see on my upper lash line.
4) Essence Circus Circus glitter eyeliner in gold was used on my bottom lids.
5) Essence Sun Club bronzing blush for blondes 01 good morning sunshine was my blusher for the day (the pink shade).
6) Lastly, I finished off with a combination of Essence XXXL nudes lip gloss in 01 Pure Beauty and Essence Circus Circus 01 It’s Magic gold lip topper on top of my own lipstick.
Here are the swatches of the above products (with exception of blusher, since it took a bit of building up on my cheeks):
Some of the other non Essence products I used were:
1) Lioele Auto Eyebrow in Grey Black
2) Ardell Accent lashes in 305 (partial false lashes)
3) Edward Bess Natural Seduction lipstick
4) Bobbi Brown bisque corrector for undereyes, Pale Yellow cream concealer, Bobbi Brown face touch up stick in Beige and Bobbi Brown Long wear even finish foundation SPF 15 in Sand.
I really liked the look I did! Here are some more pics:
My thoughts on the products
I like the natural colours of the eyeshadow duos, and the colours I used: highlighter beige white, brown and taupe colours swatch very well, are pigmented, and have good colour pay-off. The only colour that has a bit of difficulty showing up is the lighter shade of the 05 Ever glam duo, which I didn’t use for this look, as the colour is quite close to my own skin colour.
The pink blusher side of the bronzing blush has shimmers in it, and is very buildable, so I found it easy to apply without being afraid I would over-do it and look too wayang. Lasting power was moderate, but I was hanging around the BBQ pit quite a bit last night, so I need to test-drive it again to be fair to it 😛
The nude lip gloss is a regular product for me, it didn’t show up very obviously as it was nude, but I think it’s versatile for nude/coral/peach lip colours, to give it shine and texture.
My favourite products, hands down, in this look are the Essence gel eyeliner in 03 Berlin Rocks, Essence Circus Circus gold glitter eyeliner and the Essence Circus Circus 01 It’s Magic gold lip topper.
The reason is simple: Essence gel eyeliner in 03 Berlin Rocks is very pigmented, and is very striking in colour. I love it! It went on smoothly too and lasted all night.
Essence Circus Circus gold glitter eyeliner was very easy to apply, showed up well on the lower lash line, and didn’t irritate my eyes at all (which makes it a BIG PLUS since I was wearing contact lenses)!
Essence Circus Circus 01 It’s Magic gold lip topper is pigmented, thick enough so that it lasts, and is a very glamorous-looking middle-toned warm gold that I really really dig! I am a sucker for gold things, be it eyeshadow, eyeliner, lipstick, lip gloss or nail polish, so I say “bling it on”!
Essence Cosmetics is located at various Watsons outlets in Singapore: Ngee Ann City, Lucky Plaza, SMU, Parklane Shopping Mall, Anchorpoint, Bedok Central, Parkway Parade, Sun Plaza, Choa Chu Kang Lot 1, Rivervale Mall, Beauty World Centre, Plaza Singapura and IMM Building.
I bought each of these items for S$2-4 at the warehouse sale they had earlier this month. I’m not sure about their retail prices on the stand, but some of these are limited edition items so I’m not sure if you can find them anymore, but no harm trying! They are very reasonably priced even at full price so do check them out on your next trip to Watsons!
(Disclaimer: I’m not affiliated to Essence Cosmetics in any way, nor was I sponsored any products to do a review. I bought the products of my own accord.)